Have you noticed that there are numerous spiritual misquotes, misfires and down right mistakes on social media? I have and I’m concerned about it. As a teacher, I want to come clean with what I believe so isn’t even a hint of false teaching in “Words Whispered.”
I BELIEVE –
I believe in –
- The Bible: The Old and New Testaments are complete, verbally inspired, without error in the original writings, and supreme and final authority in faith and life
The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right. It is God’s way of making us well prepared at every point, fully equipped to good to everyone.2 Timothy 3:16-17 The Living Bible
- The Godhead (Trinity): There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. May God’s love and the Holy Spirit’s friendship be yours.2 Corinthians 13:14 The Living Bible
- The Person and Work of Jesus: The deity of our Lord Jesus is a fact. I believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substituting and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He intercedes for us, and in His personal return in power and glory.
Before anything else existed, there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is Himself God. He created everything there is – nothing exists that He didn’t make. Eternal life is in Him, and this life gives light to all mankind. His life is the light that shines through the darkness – and the darkness can never extinguish it… And Christ became a human being and lived here on earth among us and was full of loving forgiveness and truth. And some of us have seen His glory – the glory of the only Son of the heavenly Father… No one has ever actually seen God, but, of course, His only Son has, for He is the companion of the Father and has told us all about Him.John 1:1-4 & 14 & 18 The Living Bible
- The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit convicts men of sin, regenerates, baptizes, indwells, seals, and sets apart believers unto a holy life; that He keeps and empowers believers day by day, that He is the Teacher of the Word of God and Guide to our daily life. The baptism of the Holy Spirit comes with gifts given at the Holy Spirit discretion and for the gulding up of the body of Christ. Gifts of the Holy Spirit are valid and operative today. The fruit of the Holy Spirit should be evident in a Christian’s life.
He is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive Him, for it isn’t looking for Him and doesn’t recognize Him. But you do for He lives with you now and some day shall be in you.John 14:16-17 The Living Bible
- The Condition of Humankind: Humanity was created innocent and pure, that Adam fell through the sin of disobedience; therefore, all are in need of redemption.
Once you were under God’s curse, doomed forever for your sins. You went along with the crowd and were just like all the others, full of sin, obeying satan, the mighty prince of the power of the air, who is at work right now in the hearts of those who are against the Lord. All of us used to be just as they are, our lives expressing the evil with us, doing every wicked thing that our passions or our evil thoughts might lead us into. We started out bad, being born with evil natures and were under God’s anger just like everyone else.Ephesians 2:1-3 The Living Bible
- The Means of Salvation: Salvation is by grace, a free gift of God apart from works, that it requires repentance – turning from your way to God’s way, that it is a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, that all who receive Him are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and become the children of God. I believe that true salvation will be manifested by a changed life.
But when the time came for the kindness and love of God our Savior to appear, then He saved us – not because we were good enough to be saved, but because of His kindness and pity – by washing away our sins and giving us the new joy of the indwelling Holy Spirit whom He poured out upon us with wonderful fullness – and all because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did so that He could declare us good in God’s eyes – all because of His great kindness; and now we can share in the wealth of the eternal life He gives us, and we are eagerly looking forward to receiving it.Titus 3:4-7 The Living Bible
- The Church: I believe in the spiritual unity of the believers in Christ as on in Christ Jesus.
And God has put all things under His feet and made Him the supreme Head of the church – which is His body filled with Himself, the Author and Giver of everything everywhere.Ephesians 1:22-23 The Living Bible
- Our Life in Christ: God transforming grace secures us in Christ. We have an assurance of our salvation based on God’s faithfulness and the work of Christ Jesus. We are a chosen people, transformed and conformed to the will of God. We are consecrated and complete in Christ. We are sinners saved by grace and have the privilege of entering God’s presence and entering into His rest forgiven, redeemed, and reconciled. I believe in the “with God” life.
And this is what God says we must do: Believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another. Those who do what God says – they are living with God and He with them. We know this is true because the Holy Spirit He has given us tells us so.1 John 3:23-24
- End Times – Future: There will be the personal, bodily, and visible return of Christ Jesus. Everyone will experience a bodily resurrection – the living and dead – to the great Judgment. Believers will enjoy eternal life and unbelievers will experience eternal separation from God – eternal death. The New Heavens and the New Earth are the eternal destiny of all believers. (2 Corinthians 5:10; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelations 3:10; 19:11-16; Revelations 21-22)
For we must all stand before Christ to be judged and have our lives lad bare – before Him. Each of us will receive whatever he deserves for the good or bad things he has done in his earthly body.2 Corinthians 5:10 The Living Bible
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.