Paul, the Apostle, is the undisputed author. Paul wrote this letter while he was in Corinth and on his way to Jerusalem. This letter is foundational for any and every Christian who desires to know, without a doubt, the essence of sin, the salvation accomplished on the cross, the union of the believer with Christ, how the Holy Spirit works in the Christian to promote holiness, God’s future plan for the Jews, our future, and Christian ethics and living.
But, most importantly, Paul introduces us to the concept of the “with-God” life as we walk in “right standing” with God. The righteous (right standing with God) live by faith.
I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentiles. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”Romans 1:16-17
- Salutation: The Gospel (Romans 1:1-7)
- Known for their Faith (8-17)
- God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness (18-32)
- The Life-Giving Spirit (1-11)
- The Holy Spirit’s Ministries (12-17)
- From Groans to Glory (18-30)
- The Believer’s Triumph (31-39)
- Encouragement to Endure (1-6)
- Glorifying God Together (7-13)
- Paul’s Legacy (14-21)
- Paul’s Travel Plans and Prayer Request (22-33)
The Lord wants us to be wise about what is good and yet innocent about what is evil. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under our feet. We are in right standing with God, live the “with-God” life boldly, and the grace of the Lord our Savior is with us wherever we go. Amen!